Get the whole thing!

Start at the bottom and read your way up to current.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Gifts for T@Bbaby!

Well, we haven't been able to travel since May, but are looking forward to our adventure in Mid-July!  Traveling in our T@B is a great getaway from the everyday hustle and bustle of NY life, but since that wasn't an option in the month of June (nor the beginning of July), I figured Shopping was almost as good!  :)   Not only is Shopping therapy but a little R&R  (Repurposing and Reconfiguring of already had or found objects) is also great  therapy. We have been doing a good deal of both this past month and I am going to share some of the things we've gotten for T@Bbaby to spruce her up and keep her (actually TG and I ;) ) happy. While reading some posts on the T@B Facebook Page I came across someone mentioning they had a Portable Hot Tub for their Add-a-Room.  OMG! This sounded awesome.  We have one Add-a-Room that we use as an extension of our living space
and the Spa would be a bit crowded in there.   Well..on the same facebook page someone was selling their never used Add-a-Room.  Hmmm, my brain went into luxury mode and thought...get the second room for the other side of the T@B and use it as our Spa/Media Room :)  (Remember, this is for camping!)  but why not live it up - that's why we got the T@B!  So my little fingers went to work on the computer and before I knew it I had emails confirming my purchases of the 2nd Room AND the Portable Hot Tub. ;) .   We already have a movie projector and a homemade screen..this will complete our Spa/Media Room! 
TG was being a little smarter with the spending than I was, and surprised me with some pretty cool presents for the T@bbaby.  First one was a PotHolder/Hot Plate that looked like a vinyl 45..colors of red and orange matched too! 
Another was this puzzle where you had to move the car from New York across the country - Perfect! This is our mission!
Rand McNally TripMaker RVND 5510

The next thing  we got was a GPS specifically designed for RV Travel.  Even though our T@Bbaby is small, we are still restricted as to what roads we can and cannot take.  This is the first of its kind made by Rand McNally and me being the geek that I am HAD to have it! (Plus the fact that we will be driving over 2000 miles and the GPS in the car was broken).    Previously we had planned on taking our regular bicycles with us on a bike rack.  The extension we had purchased to add to my existing rack made us nervous having it between the car and the trailer on the same hitch. Sooo we HAD to make a trip to TG's favorite place (it had been awhile since we visited our friend Wilson) and we exchanged it for a a necessity - a gray water tank!  Sometimes the purchases aren't all fun and games :)   
I quickly made up for that by getting in on a Camping World Special - Foldable Bikes - 22" Tires and 12 speeds!  It was meant to be - the bikes were a combo color - Grey and Orange - TG's Fave is Gray and mine is Orange! Click (x2), Done!

OH..and How can I forget! Everyone knows I Love MY Mugs!  Add this one to the (overflowing) cabinet :)

There are a bunch more things that I shopped for and TG made for her but we will leave those to show off in pictures during our trip next week! 


Crossraods of America 2011 TearJerkers Rally Here we come!

Next Up...Our 2100+Mile Journey! Stay Tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment